Francis Crick Auditorium
The Auditorium is in the heart of the modern event space and accommodates up to 295 people in a tiered theatre style
Blinds can be lowered to section off the front half
The technician's booth
Audience participation and voting
The Auditorium hosts a comprehensive range of audiovisual equipment controlled by experienced technicians who are on hand throughout your event.
AV equipment included as standard:
- High definition projection
- Repeater screens
- Built-in HD cameras with dedicated recording/streaming capabilities
- Sound system with comprehensive array of microphones (2 lectern microphones, 4 hand-held microphones, 4 lapel microphones and 4 table top microphones)
- Built-in repeater screen on the lectern
- Hybrid event production system (see below)
- Full stage lighting
- High-speed internet access
- Charging outlets amongst audience seating
- Dedicated audio visual technician
Hybrid event production system
Our hybrid event production system allows you hold an in-person event with a virtual audience via Zoom/Teams/Webex/etc at no additional charge.
At no extra cost, the Auditorium’s dedicated AV technician will
- set up the fixed cameras in the best positions for the virtual attendees to see the room
- connect the cameras and microphones to the software of choice
- show the remote participants on the main room screen, if applicable
- We highly recommend having a second technician. The additional technician will control the four cameras and mix between camera shots and remote participants seamlessly, giving a better experience for those who are attending virtually.
- Additional features such as branded backgrounds, on screen titles, dynamic variation of camera shots and other options. For a more comprehensive package and a tailored quote please get in touch and we can set-up a meeting with our AV team.
- Event recording
- Live streaming
- Catch box microphone – Delegates can throw this microphone around the Auditorium for a live Q&A.
- Countdown clock – well worth it If you have a tight agenda and need to stick to time.
- Interpreter booths – Please get in touch for a bespoke quote.
The entrance to the Auditorium is step-free and is accessible to wheelchair users, and there is step-free access to the stage area via a gated lift. There are two wheelchair spaces.