Hybrid meeting and events
Hybrid events allow you to offer your delegates the choice between an in-person or virtual event, and our hybrid event solutions offer a quality experience for all of your attendees.
We can tailor a package to your event requirements and budget, choosing from the following options:
- A combination of in-person and virtual delegates and speakers
- On-site and/or remote AV technicians
- Robotic and/or professional broadcast cameras to capture live talks in high quality
- A secure, branded conference web portal for all your event assets, including e-posters, Q&As sponsor info and speaker biographies
- Spatial Chat platform for virtual networking
- Group discussions between in-person and virtual delegates
- In-person and virtual exhibitor booths with live chat functions
- Live Q&A chat, with optional live polling for all in-person and virtual delegates and speakers
The AV set-up for hybrid meeting varies between each meeting room:
- Our two largest rooms (the Auditorium and the Rosalind Franklin Pavilion) have fixed cameras and integrated AV systems for hybrid meetings;
- For the Barbara McClintock Pavilion and Chestnut Suite we use our portable hybrid equipment;
- All our other smaller meeting rooms come with a fixed Logitech system.
Logitech (Loft Rooms 1 and 2, Green Room, Library, and Pompeiian Room)
The Logitech system allows you to hold an in-person event and have a virtual audience via Zoom/Teams/Webex/etc. The equipment is set-up at the front of each room at no extra cost and acts as your webcam and microphone.
Portable equipment (Barbara McClintock Pavilion and Chestnut Suite)
Our portable hybrid equipment allows you to put on an in-person event and have a virtual audience via Zoom/Teams/Webex/etc. The equipment is set-up at the front of the room and acts as your webcam and microphone. Our AV Team would set-up a camera in the perfect position for your required room layout in a fixed location and also connect to the rooms audio. You simply just need to connect to your laptop and you can manage the event.
Portable equipment packages
If you are holding your event in the Barbara McClintock Pavilion or the Chestnut Suite, you might consider adding one of the packages below to your booking.
These are two example packages that we have create for the most common hybrid event set-ups, ranging from a basic meeting where a fixed camera system and microphone set-up and left for you to manage, to a complex meeting with a multi-camera set-up and full technical production throughout.
Package 1 – Basic set up for Zoom/Teams etc.
Perfect if you have a presentation style meeting requiring video conferencing.
Our technician will set up one of the cameras in the perfect position for the room layout, and create 4 camera positions that you can choose simply via the hand held remote control. The camera will be connected to your laptop via an interface that will mean that your software of choice (Zoom, Teams, Webex etc.) will see the professional camera as a webcam. We will connect your laptop to the screen/projector to show the remote participants on screen, and also connect it to the room’s sound system so that the microphones can be used.
- 1 x pan, tilt, zoom video camera
- 1 x Basic camera remote control
- 1 x Laptop interface (client to use own laptop with video conference software such as Zoom, Teams, Webex etc.).
- 1 x Audio feed from room PA system or conference phone
- 1 x Technician set up and leave with client
If you are looking for more of a group discussion between people in the room and people on your video conference software of choice, we can hire in additional microphones.
This set-up is available in the following rooms as standard: Auditorium, Rosalind Franklin Pavilion, Green Room, Library, Pompeiian Room and Loft Rooms. For the Barbara McClintock Pavilion or Chestnut Suite it is a paid-for package since it uses the portable equipment.
Package 2 – Hybrid event – Basic package
This set up is ideal if you have a conference with a remote audience and/or presenters. For this package we would use the full suite of three cameras, with the ability for the technician to mix between camera shots, to find the perfect shot for the virtual attendees.
This system can work with video conference software (Zoom webinar, Zoom meetings, Teams, Webex etc.), streaming platforms (YouTube live, Facebook, Instagram etc.) or can be integrated into a full hybrid event platform. The equipment is operated by a dedicated technician. In order to offer this package at a competitive rate, one technician is included. This means it is more suited to events with a simple agenda and assumes you will be involved in working with the technician to coordinate the event.
- 3 x pan, tilt, zoom video cameras
- 1 x Camera controller
- 1 x Hybrid event switcher
- 1 x Streaming encoder
- 1 x Programme monitor with integrated recording unit
- 1 x Multiview monitor
- 1 x Laptop
- 1 x Laptop interface
- 1 x Technician dedicated to the event
The equipment set-up is available in the following rooms as standard: Auditorium and Rosalind Franklin Pavilion, although the technician running the hybrid equipment is charged separately. For the Barbara McClinktock Pavilion or Chestnut Suite it is a paid-for package since it uses the portable equipment.
Extras and tailored packages
Packages can be expanded and tailored to meet your exact requirements. We will be happy to set up a meeting with our AV team to discuss your needs.
Examples of extras:
- Branded backgrounds for slide and camera compositions
- On screen titles for speakers and sessions
- More dynamic variation of camera shots
- Extra technicians